Wednesday 23 November 2011

Red Meat Wednesday! "Aussie" Steak Sandwich with Chili Butter and Thrice cooked Chips


So this is my 1st actual recipe posting.  My mother always said that I should make a wish when I do something for the 1st time..... 

 

So I mentioned before that I love Meat and that Meat and Potatoes were the stable foods of my diet for the last 24 years.  (Until I moved to China!) But you will notice in most resipes a general absence or lack

 

 This is a regular Steak Sandwich recipe taken in some part from Nevin Maguire (he is my kitchen hero)  http://www.nevenmaguire.com/.

 

The original recipe comes from the "Board Bia" website in Ireland - which is somewhere I gain a lot of inspiration for my Irish cooking.  The online version feeds 4 people but there are only 2 of us so this is edited to suit us!


Ingredients
2 x 100g striploin steaks,
2 slices of smokey bacon,
4 slices of cheddar cheese,
2 jumbo free range eggs,
1/2 red pepper, 
1/2 red onion, 
2 handfulls of salad leaves (I used Rocket),
1 tablesp. Balsamic  vinegar,
1 tablesp. olive oil,
2 ciabatta's.

Method
1.     Preheat the frying pan and add knob of butter. 
2.   Place the steaks, red peppers and red onions in a shallow dish and sprinkle over the balsamic vinegar, olive oil and season with salt and pepper turning to coat.
3.   Add the 2 rashers to the grill.
4.   Add the steaks to the pan.
5.   Throw the vegetables on top of the steak for 4-5 minutes, turning once. The steaks will take 2-3 minutes on each side for medium rare. Remove steak and clean pan to fry eggs.
6.   Place the ciabatta's with sliced cheese under the grill to melt.
7.    Once cheese is melted, remove and add salad leaves, pepper and onion, and bacon.
8.   Add the steaks and a slice of the chilli butter, and top with a gooey fried egg!
9.   Arrange on plates with trice-cooked chips to serve and enjoy.

Slainte!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment