Thursday 24 November 2011

2nd Attempt

So as I have been endeavoring to write and actually begin this blog - it has taken me 2 years, since I first started thinking about it.  I wanted to Blog but didn't know what to blog about.  I guess being a little shy by expressing words on a page and having people judge me by them made me dismissive of the idea.

But it all came home to me one night while watching Julie and Julia (for the 2nd time) and it was as if a light switch came on in my head.

I love cooking and I want to start a blog so here we go, although I do feel that more and more of my life will get poured into this as we move forward but how and ever.
(Perhaps I should rethink the title of the blog?)

So then I wanted to learn about writing styles and how one show write on a blog piece.  Well I guess thats all depending on what your blogging about as-to how your going to style it. Many many wonderful and highly acclaimed bloggers give tips to newbe's and wannabe's like me so checking them out was the best thing I could do.  Particularly..... http://www.joythebaker.com/ she is awesome and for a whole consortium http://www.irishfoodbloggers.com/resources/ is also fantastic.  And a wee guy that really made an impression on me as a home cook was Donal Skehan http://www.donalskehan.com/ . They are really worth checking out!

So the best advice seemed to be - BE YOURSELF - and I guess that has worked well enough for me so far in life and i'll allow it to be a space for me to express myself (Bar my brief spell on the Irish TV Show The Apprentice- this year-but thats a story for another day)!

So here's ME....

No comments:

Post a Comment